Built in the seventeenth century thanks to the work of Barzi family, the palace still stands out
imperious in town. Subsequently passed to the Arconati family, in 1736 the building was sold to the
College Longoni of Milan that maintained the property at least until the beginning of the eighteenth
century. The palace was a residence used by the students of the institute mostly in summer, and
precisely among these walls (as a plaque on the portal mentions) even Alessandro Manzoni spent a
The building is composed of a quadrangular structure with the typical pattern of a residential house, but with a closed court (in memory of the ancient structure of the castle present therein). The facade, which is located on a small open space constituting the main square of the small village, is embellished solely by an arched portal, carved in simple shapes with delicate linear decorations in cement. The inner court, opens onto a single courtyard of honour, which is distinguished on the bottom with the typical entrance with three arches, characterized by Doric columns in granite. The interior does not offer traces of paintings or sculptural works of great importance and today there are housing units. An exception is made for some wall sundials of the eighteenth century, of valuable Baroque taste.
Designed with Mobirise